- Age: 4.60 billion years old
- Diameter: ~ 4220 Miles
- Martian Day: 24 Hours 37 Minutes
- Martian Year: 687 Earth Days
- Type: Lifeless Planet, Barren Planet, Terrestrial Planet
- Distance from Sun (average): 225 Million KM
- Natural Satellite(s): Two (Phobos, Deimos)
- Also known as: Rusty Planet, Red Planet
Mars, the red planet, is the fourth planet from the Sun and the second-smallest planet in the solar system after Mercury. Mars is named after Roman god of war, Mars.
Why Mars is appears so red?
The redness of Mars is because of iron-rich minerals present in the soil and rocks. The iron minerals oxidize, or rust, giving the Mars its distinctive blood red colour.
Home | Explore | Units
Curated by: Aakash Gautam